City Clerk

The City Clerk's Office is in charge of:

  • Data Practices Compliance Official
  • Elections
  • Forms, Policies and Fees
  • Homestead Filing
  • Keeper of the Official City Records
  • Licenses
  • Preparing the Agenda and Materials for Council Meetings
  • Special Assessments
  • Signs all Official Papers

Special Assessments

Special assessments for streets, sanitary sewer and water that are certified to your property taxes can be paid in full at the City of Andover.

Avoiding Extra Payment

To avoid another year's payment from being added to your taxes, the assessment must be paid by November 15.

Animal Control

No person shall own, keep, harbor or have custody of any dog over six (6) months of age without first obtaining a city dog license, (City Code 5-1A). Licenses are issued upon presentation of a current rabies certificate and the license fee of $6.00 per year. Licenses are available at the front desk at City Hall.

Dogs or cats may not run at large and must be under effective control (City Code 5-1A).

Owners are required to clean up and dispose of their pet’s excrement (City Code 5-1A).

 It shall be considered a nuisance for any animal to habitually or frequently bark or cry (City Code 5-1A). 

A resident who has a stray dog or cat contained can call 763-427-1212 (the non-emergency number to the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office) to have the animal picked up. 

All stray dogs and cats found and any quarantined are kept at:

Animal Humane Society

1411 Main Street NW, Coon Rapids, MN


Animal Traps

The City of Andover has 2 animal live traps available for residents to use. To reserve an animal live trap, contact the City Hall Receptionist at 763-755-5100.

Cable Television

Cable television is provided by Comcast. Universal service (channels 6, 15, 16 and 19) is available at no cost to those who do not subscribe to cable TV.  Call the Comcast office at 651-222-3333 for more information.

Homestead Filing

In order for you to qualify for homestead status on your home, you must file an application for homestead credit. This is done after you close on your new home.

Obtaining an Application

Application forms are available at Homestead Application Form, the Anoka County Government Center or City Hall.  A copy of Certificate of Real Estate Value (CRV) and deed to your home must be provided at the time of application.